And the cry of mystery shoppers who can’t seem to “fit in work” around the holidays.
During the year, there are days that our emails to thousands of shoppers in our database are not responded to.
And no time is worse than the few weeks surrounding the traditional holiday season in November and December.
This is such an important time in the industries that we serve, yet so many of our independent contractors are busy with holiday planning, wrapping, shopping and preparing that they allow their mystery shopping businesses to fall by the wayside.
We understand. We really do. We have to prepare for holidays, too.
How To Do It All
The difference between the mystery shopper who is successful and makes significant money (and gets through the holidays debt-free) and the one that doesn’t is treating their mystery shopping like the business it is, not like a hobby.
If you have had a successful year with your mystery shopping, don’t let it stop now!
Schedule your holiday preparations around your “work,” not the other way around.
Below are some suggestions on how to make money, keep schedulers happy and have the perfect holiday season:
- Plan your route. Make your holiday shopping and your mystery shopping work together. Choose mystery shops near the stores and malls you want to purchase gifts and holiday items.
- Look at your calendar and carve out days for making money, days for spending money, and days to create and prepare. Most of us can’t do it all in one day!
- Tell those you love that your plan is to continue working your business through these weeks in order to make it a debt-free – and therefore stress-free – holiday season. See if they don’t pitch in and help when you present it that way!
- Find a dining shop to enjoy during the busy season. You can enjoy the break from cooking without breaking the budget.
- Don’t overbook. Know your limitations and be fair to the schedulers. Last minute cancellations or bailing on a shop doesn’t make our holiday season fun. Your thoughtfulness is the best gift we can receive!
Let’s all work together to make the holiday season a prosperous one for you and a time of year everyone can enjoy!
What are your favorite tips for working and having fun at the same time?
Leave your comments below. We read them all!