Goal – the result or achievement toward which effort is directed
Intention – an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result
Resolution – the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
Notice the common words? Effort and action!
You can set a goal, create an intention, and resolve to make a change in your life. It all sounds good, but without effort and action, nothing happens!
And nothing happens if you don’t have a plan and follow through with it. You can sign up with mystery shopping companies, you can select a calendar system to use to manage your shops, and you can read a book about mystery shopping to hone your skills, but without real work and measurable acts, you will not get work.
After you get the necessary tools in place, you must take steps each day to be sure you are being assigned as many shops as you can fit into your schedule each week.
- Determine what time of day you can spend a half-hour to 45 minutes scanning the job boards and forums for open shops, in addition to any email solicitations you may receive.
- Read the job descriptions completely so you know exactly what you are applying for. Don’t assume you know what is involved with any particular shop. They vary from one mystery shopping company to another, and from one client to another. Make sure you understand what you must do to perform a shop correctly.
- Respond and apply to the job in the way the scheduler asks you to. If you do not follow the first simple direction, why should they believe you would follow all of the instructions for the shop?
- Use that calendar system to realistically schedule shops. Use mapping tools as well to make the most efficient use of your time and mileage. Make sure you allow the time to input the information and submit your report without being rushed or harried.
- Repeat these steps every day!
Consistent, measurable steps to expend your opportunities and fulfill your commitments each and every day will allow you to fulfill your goals, intentions and resolutions.
Want to learn from an expert? There is still time to sign up for tomorrow’s FREE Jane Bond teleconference. This month, Barb Bergeron, President of SOS Organizational Services, will be talking with Angela about ways to be more efficient and productive.
(Definitions source: http://www.dictionary.com)
Psst! Did you miss the free gift? Click the “calendar system” link above.