We are living in tumultuous times. Reading your news feed or turning on the TV news leaves most of us with an uneasy feeling these days. News is rarely uplifting. Couple it with natural disasters and different weather patterns, and we long for a world that makes a bit more sense.
However, we like to believe that out of struggle does come good – and while the world, the work force, and even the balance in your household no longer looks as it did 5, 3 or even one year ago – there are opportunities to be had to develop streams of income that can be worked into your everyday life and routine.
Companies that are looking to grow are continually investing in their businesses. Understanding their market, their clients and their customer is of the utmost importance to them. And how do they monitor this? By mystery shopping!
Companies care about their customer’s experience. They want to stand out from their competition in treating the customer like royalty and gaining their trust. And across all industries, companies are investing in finding out how they can make it better.
You are an integral part of this process. Your job as a mystery shopper is of utmost importance to the customer experience in all the places you typically shop, dine, have your car repaired and even take care of your health.
Having decided to become a mystery shopper, you have opened your own business!
My Mystery Shopping Business
You are an independent contractor who can decide where and when you want to work! You are the front line for monitoring and making suggestions to major companies about the experience you have in their establishment, in person, on the phone and at their website. So you, too, must be investing in your business – research, time and resources!
We offer to you a list of ways to invest in your business:
- Take the time to sign up with as many mystery shopping companies as possible. This will allow you many opportunities to maximize your travel time and gas expenses while getting paid for more than one job at a time.
- Spend time at the industry websites listed below to best understand who the leaders are, what is happening in the industry, and glean information from others who are successful.
- Don’t be afraid to take a type of shop you’ve not done before. Mystery shopping schedulers and managers are more than happy to spend time answering your questions and providing training. Once you are known as a caring, competent shopper, the shops will keep coming your way.
- Go the extra mile when you see a shop that a scheduler is desperate to fill but is a bit beyond your travel limits. Having done this “favor” for them, you will be favored when it comes to the most profitable and/or fun shops!
- Not grammatically correct? Take a book out of the library, or take a class. Become a better writer, and your investment of time and money will earn you much more in the long run. The less time a company has to spend reviewing and editing your reports, the more valuable you are to them.
- Plan and manage your time and business. Schedulers will always warn about information overload, but if you use technology devices to help you “remember” you will be able to fit more shops into a single trip away from home. Choose your jobs wisely, carefully and profitable. Use the tools you have to keep track of mileage, expenses and time.
These are just a few of the ways you can invest in your mystery shopping business. Treat it as such, instead of a hobby, and the rewards will be coming your way on a regular basis.