WOW! A blog post earlier this month was written to ask for our reader’s to help in spreading the word about the mystery shopping industry.
At the end of the piece, we asked shoppers to tell us what they LOVE about mystery shopping. You can read the individual comments here.
Thank you to each of you who took the time to share your thoughts about this line of work. It’s nice to know it is so rewarding to so many of you.
What a welcome relief it was to see all of those positive comments. And how much you LOVE to shop! And why! ….because there are days where we wonder if any shoppers are looking at the email mystery shopping providers and schedulers send.
We hit “SEND” to 6,000 people and no one applies for a shop.
Not a one. Nothing. It hurts.
We understand that everyone is overwhelmed with too much information and, without a doubt, too many emails in their inbox.
If you are a typical shopper you may have emails from several mystery shopping schedulers in your inbox in the morning, and you say “I’ll look at them later.”
Later never happens because by the time you go back to look at the first few, there are 10 or 20 more, you get overwhelmed and you just hit delete.
No one makes money hitting delete.
You’ll only make money in this business by opening your email and seeing where there are mystery shopping assignment opportunities.
Here are 5 suggestions for actually opening emails, applying for shops and making money as a mystery shopper.
- Get a dedicated mystery shopping email address. Have all of your email from mystery shopping companies go to this box, or
- Re-direct your mystery shopping emails at your current email address to a specific folder in your email account. You can find out how to do this in the Tools section of most email programs.
- Once you have all of your mystery shopping emails in one spot, find a time each day where all you will do is open each one, scan it to see if it applies to you, then save or delete. Stay dedicated to this time. All you need to allow is 10-15 minutes, MAX!
- Go back to the saved emails and click on the link to apply for the assignment, making sure you follow instructions on how to properly do so.
- For emails from schedulers you have assigned you to a job: Save the emails in another folder and mark your calendar for the date of the shop. Download instructions or materials you need for the shop and put them in a physical folder that you keep specifically for your mystery shopping jobs. Then you will be ready on the day of your assignment to re-read the instructions and be on your way!
With a system such as this, you will likely find you apply for more shops, and, in turn, get assigned more shops.
Finding mystery shop assignments should be neither overwhelming nor a mystery. With a plan and a purpose, you will find that reading your email results in making much more money than hitting delete will.
Do you have a system for going through email and applying for shops? Please share so others can learn!