After bemoaning the Back to School sales just a week ago, here we go jumping ahead several holidays to Christmas!
As a diligent home-based business owner, it is important for you to understand your cash flow and how to get the most value out of your mystery shop experiences.
And mystery shopping for holiday expenses and gifts begins sooner rather than later.
When Do I Get Paid?
Most mystery shopping companies pay anywhere from 30-60 days after you have completed a shop. The reason for a delay is to be sure that the client company accepts your report.
Unfortunately, there are humans who pose as mystery shoppers and actually falsify reports. We say pose, because we know our A-rated mystery shoppers would not consider doing such a thing!
In most case, the shops you conduct in August will be paid in September; September in October; October in November.
And if you want to keep your credit card clear, or paid immediately, then you’ve got to start filling up your schedule with great mystery shops now.
How to Make Mystery Shopping Work for Your Holiday Shopping
- Reviewing the job boards at each mystery shopping or mystery shopping scheduling company you are signed on with on a regular basis will allow you to schedule shops logically and effectively. Don’t forget to look at JobSlinger, Shadow Shopper, various forums and Facebook pages too.
- Load your phone with a variety of mystery shopping apps, many of which will allow you to find a shop near where you happen to be.
- On a spreadsheet, keep a record of the companies you are signed on with, the shops you want to do and the shops you sign up for.
- Note when and how much you are to be paid. Make sure each company has your correct PayPal address (or that whatever method of payment is used is up to date).
- Move the earnings from your mystery shops to a separate bank account that you will only use for holiday shopping.
With careful planning, buying gifts will be a pleasure and not a burden. You will have the cash!
Bonus!! If you have to make a purchase during the shop and you’ll be reimbursed for it, make sure it’s a gift that you need to buy. Or maybe wrapping paper, scotch tape or a new decoration for your home.
Shop done – check. Gift purchased – check. Paid to shop – wonderful!
Sit back and enjoy the holidays – priceless!
Do you have a special way you earmark your earnings from mystery shopping? Please share below.